Thursday, July 26, 2012

Prolonging the Spooky with Andy Warhol

I woke up to a wonderfully dark, spooky, and overcast morning up here in the Santa Cruz mountains, and now that we're approaching noon, it's all burning off and giving way to a sunny day. In order to prolong the spooky, I leave here for you an incredibly unnerving 4 minute and 28 second video of Andy Warhol eating a hamburger. 
If you read the video description on YouTube, you'll learn that this scene was filmed for a Danish art movie, that Warhol preferred McDonalds, and that this video comprises "a classic ASMR trigger scene", which I did look up* but can't say that I experienced. The only thing triggered for me was major Andy Warhol discomfort. You're welcome!


Note: Warhol never actually finishes the burger, he leaves the last bite in the wrapper (!!!).

***
* Man, oh man, oh man, oh man, have I stumbled down the internet rabbit hole into a whole new world of strange.

0 comments: